Sunday, April 15, 2012

English Jam Tarts and mini cookie left overs

 Classic English jam tarts
 I ran out of jam so ....
I rolled orange sugar and sprinkles into the dough and used mini cookie cutters my MIL gave me to make mini cookie things. YAY

Recipe:
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Crisco a tart mold or a cupcake tin

In a food processes combine:
 1 cup ap flour
1/2 cup COLD cubed butter
a pinch of salt

Pulse until consistency of bread crumbs

then add 2 TBL of water

Dump mix onto floured surface and roll into a ball. Wrap in saran wrap and chill 15-30 minutes.

Remove from fridge and roll out to about 1/4'' thickness. Use a glass or circular cookie cutters to form circles of dough larger than the tart mold holes. I used a drinking glass and cupcake tins and my second batch had a few spill overs so make sure they are a bit larger than you tin holes.

Take one disk of dough and gently push  into tin holes. Heap a large spoonful of jam or lemon curd into each cup. Careful not to spill over, the jam bubbles up and it will ruin the tart if it spills over. I speak from experience :)

Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden and crispy
Cool COMPLETELY before consuming. The jam stays hot a long time and will stick to you and burn so be careful!
I think the tarts could use some rock sugar sprinkled around the edge personally, but to each their own. Enjoy :)

Oh and the left over dough cookies I placed on a Crisco-ed cookie sheet and bakes at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cute and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment