Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home-made play dough




HOME-MADE PLAY DOUGH!
So fun! The kids helped me make it also. They love pouring the ingredients in the bowl and stirring and things. :) 

Here is the recipe:

In a medium sauce pan combine:
1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vegi oil

Heat over medium for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until play dough consistency. Remove and put on a lightly floured surface. I used two colors, so I divided the dough into 2 and made a little divot in each dough where I added a few drops of food coloring and folded over and over until the color was evenly distributed. Store in tupperware for a few days. You can add essential oil for smell and I think some make it hard for bacteria to collect and grow. I am just going to toss ours after a few days. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment